You would like to start tufting but don't know how, where to start and how it works?
In our Beginners Tufting Workshops Jenni teaches you everything about the tufting process in one day.
After our Workshop you can work independently and know all the basic information to tuft your dreams.
What we do in the course:
- You will learn about the structure of a tufted carpet.
- You will learn how to stretch the tufting frame correctly.
- You will learn how to easily transfer your design onto the tufting frame.
- You will make your first tufting attempts and get to know the different tufting machines.
- You will learn all the tips and tricks from Jenni.
- and of course you tufted your first own rug!
- Finally I show you how to finish everything at the back and how to glue the carpet.
The rug will then dry over night and you can finish it during open studio hours or I send it to you with the final backing incl. our finishing tutorial so you can do it at home.
9:00 - 17:00
The maximum size of the rug you will tuft is 70x50cm. However, you are completely free in the shape and design. We work with 100% New Zealand carpet wool and recycled cotton yarn.
The basic material costs are included in the course. You don't need to bring anything.
Lunch will be pasta with pesto. You can also bring your own food. A kitchen is available.
If you have any questions, just write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org